STEP up and get moving this fall with the Roanoke Striders!
September 15th – December 8th
Roanoke businesses, schools, churches, residents, friends, family, everyone!
Walking can be done anywhere and everywhere – so grab your shoes and hit the road. Walking routes will be posted in the Town Hall and to your right under related documents.
- Get signed up and get your friends, family, co-workers signed up! Email email@example.com and let us know that you’re committed to being a part of our community wide program.
- Wear a pedometer which counts each and every step you take throughout the day (2000 steps equals one mile) or use a step conversion chart which gives you step equivalents for a variety of activities.
- Keep track of your steps! Pedometers will be available for $8 & $12 at Curves, Edward Jones, & Roanoke Elementary School. Tracking forms and conversion charts are available in the Town Hall and to your right under related documents. This is a great way to make sure you’re getting enough activity each and every day.
- Each week please email your steps to firstname.lastname@example.org or put them in the box located in the Town Hall so we can make sure your steps are added to our running total throughout the 12 week period.
- Prizes will be given away at the end of 12 week program – Gift Certificates, t-shirts, and much more!
For additional information, see the bulletin board in the Town Hall, or email questions to Roanokestriders@yahoo.com or call Katie Law at 672-2383 or Valerie Powers at 494-0222.
Roanoke Striders t-shirts will be available to purchase - call Katie Law or Valerie Powers.